Travis Schultz & Partners is a compensation law firm with compassion, based on the Sunshine Coast and with offices in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Cairns. Since inception in 2018, the firm has grown rapidly. What started out as a boutique law firm with a small team of five, has now grown to a team of 30 talented people. Together, they have established a solid reputation in the community for providing cutting edge expertise, without the price tag.
- Media liaison
- Media training
- Content creation
WHY THEY CALLED US
Travis Schultz has been known as the founder, managing partner and key spokesperson for the firm since 2018. However, when Travis Schultz Law rebranded to Travis Schultz & Partners in 2020, they came to us – as their long-term PR consultancy – to support them in expanding their brand’s profile to include the new partners. Part of the strategy to build the profile of the talented new team members was to equip the partners and professional lawyers with media training so they felt comfortable and confident to provide commentary to the media on topical news and case studies.
- The lawyers at Travis Schultz & Partners are extremely busy people, on a mission to seek social justice for all, and finding a common time in the diary where they could all commit to five hours of training together was the first challenge to overcome.
- None of the lawyers had any previous experience with media which made them feel somewhat nervous in the lead up to the training.
- Travis Schultz & Partners wanted the training to be more than just media, they wanted the training to equip their team with the skills to do video blogs (vlogs), podcasts and conference presentations, so we had a LOT to cover to meet the brief!
- Provide participants with a better understanding of the various media outlets, the difference between the types of media and how journalists operate, their objectives and timelines.
- Assist participants in identifying positive media opportunities within their areas of expertise and provide them with the knowledge they need to optimise the exposure they receive in the media.
- Provide participants with the tools and knowledge to be confident, project credibility, stay calm and to take a proactive approach when participating in media and podcast interviews.
- Give participants a template to assist them with preparing for media interviews, vlogs, podcasts and presentations, including tips for presenting effectively.
- Provide participants with real journalist interviews in a ‘live’ situation and to evaluate their responses.
WHAT WE DID
We delivered on the brief! We did our research and tailored the media training session to suit the client. This included a pre-training survey of each participant to understand their experience and expectations of the training. We found relevant examples of compensation law media stories to use in the training and we drafted a real-life scenario for each participant which they used to practise their new found media training skills.