The Sunshine Coast Business Council is the region’s leading business advocacy group, representing approximately 4,000 businesses through its membership, including key national and regional industry groups and their members, and some of Australia’s leading national and regional corporates. The organisation’s primary focus is on creating the economic environment for growth including investment, infrastructure and employment
- Media liaison & pitching
- Communications support
WHY THEY CALLED US
The Sunshine Coast Business Council was looking to enhance its profile as the Sunshine Coast’s leading regional advocate for business and the economy. Our solution? To build SCBC’ Board Chair Sandy Zubrinich’s profile as a credible media spokesperson providing the SCBC with one consistent voice to represent the Coast’s largest employers and greatest contributors to the local economy.
- Increase awareness of the SCBC, the quality of its Board and its role with local journalists.
- Providing fact based, engaging and informative commentary on regional issues relating to economic growth, investment and employment.
- Garnering a comprehensive understanding of local business issues at a local, state and federal level.
- Consolidate SCBC’s position as the leading business advocacy group on the Sunshine Coast.
- Provide thought-provoking commentary to demonstrate the organisation’s understanding of regional issues.
- Support SCBC events by engaging local media, promoting high-profile speakers and generating commentary from key stakeholders in the region.
- Generating positive media coverage across print, radio, TV and online outlets.
In every instance, their ability to understand the content, fact check against appropriate research, interpret and communicate our priorities in a succinct and easy-to-consume format has impressed us. We engage Fresh PR & Marketing not only because of their professional capabilities but most importantly because of their energy, enthusiasm, reliability and willingness to work in partnership with SCBC and our members to achieve our objectives.”- SANDY ZUBRINICH, CHAIR, SUNSHINE COAST BUSINESS COUNCIL
WHAT WE DID
The Sunshine Coast Business Council represents an impressive line-up of industry groups including the likes of the Property Council of Australia, Master Builders, Visit Sunshine Coast, Food & Agribusiness Network and a number of Chambers of Commerce. It also attracts high calibre organisations the Sunshine Coast Airport, the University of the Sunshine Coast, TAFE Queensland and a number of leading national and regional businesses. The Business Council is also known for the impressive keynote speakers it brings to the Coast, its research and for hosting think tanks around the priority local issues.
Fresh PR & Marketing’s keen understanding of the local region; its challenges around population growth, investment attraction and job creation; and the importance of sustained economic growth, has enabled our team to provide quality content to media outlets on behalf of the SCBC since 2014.
This strategic communications support was achieved by supporting media releases, opinion pieces and commentary on key regional issues. In order to deliver this content, the Fresh PR & Marketing team keeps abreast of economic opportunities and issues both within the Sunshine Coast/Noosa LGAs as well as within the broader South East Queensland region.
Subject matter explored includes SCBC Investment Conferences, ‘The Challenges for Regional Australia in a Competitive Investment Market’ conference, Futures Conferences, Combined Government & Business Forums, investment attraction research, youth unemployment, agribusiness, infrastructure spend, urban planning, gender equality, digitalisation, retail, community engagement, local, state and federal budgets and elections, to name but a few.
- Over 850 media clippings have been generated over the past 7 years across print, radio, TV and online channels.
- SCBC is now front of mind for media thanks to offering proactive, engaging spokespeople.
- SCBC is now proactively approached for commentary by media – both via Fresh PRM and directly to the Chair ― thanks to relationships fostered.
- SCBC commentary is highly respected and regarded by the media and often incorporated into a diverse range of economy related stories.